Multiple mint-chips in a USB hub ...

Assuming I go with the Windows plug-in solution, the other part of my use case is multiple chip owners plugging their mint chips into the PC.

For example, Alice, Bob, Frank & Mary plug their mint chips into a single PC.

I don't see how the MintChipFactory can specify which MintChip is created when there are many to choose from?

I was going the API documentation for all platforms and like you, I cannot find any mention of multiple MintChips connected simultaneously to the same device (PC or Android device).

That's a big usability problem.

Is that going to be fixed anytime soon?

This is a serious hindrance to building a portable POS terminal (that does not rely on any kind of internet connectivity).
    If the libraries were open-source, we could solve that ourselves.

This also causes issues I beleive if I want to use a PC to transfer funds between devices, I think it's more intuitive to just plug both into a PC and have an application detect this and be able to create the request/response between the devices directly.

Sort of reminds me of copying files on floppy disk ...

Insert Disk A:
    {work work work}
    Insert Disk B:
    {work work work}
    Insert Disk A:
    {work work work}

There must be a way to do this, because there's a vision here of service providers that would hold thousands of chips.

It would be a bit of a hack, but it might be possible to scan USB ports and enable and disable them in turn. Just be careful not to kill the mouse or keyboard by accident! It could also be done by inventing additional intermediate hardware to route requests, but that adds an attack surface to the system.

On a family PC, it would be useful to be able to install multiple chips and then associate the "read" chip by login, so "Bank of Mom" or "Bank of Dad" can log on and transfer the kids their allowances, but the kids can only spend their own cash.

If MintChips are only supposed to be connected when their use is required, I doubt they will be very popular with phone owners. My Motorola Android phone requires removing the battery in order to change the microSD card. Not to mention all the majority of apps get installed on an microSD card due limited internal space. Swapping the microSD card every time I want to make a MintChip payment would be too much of an inconvenience, I'd stick to cash instead.
    I thought the MintChip token on the microSD card would have some kind of PIN/password requirement so it could be also safely be used as a regular microSD card.