Android App Issues

I receive the following errors from my Verizon Thunderbolt (Android 2.3.4, Software 2.11.605.9) when I use either of the two mint sd cards in my phone:

ca.mint.mintchip.contract.MintChipException: MintChip could not be initialized

This occurs several times in succession on the initial run, and then only once every time I try to perform an action. No Account or Balance info appears. I can see the SD card and SMART_IO.CRD when using OI File Manager. Any info about this error?

I am having the exact same issue. Any help MintChip ppl ?

I am also having these issues with the MintChip. I've confirmed it's not a bad chip... so must be the software libs.

I've emailed the support email address, so hopefully I'll know soon enough.

I'll double-check both of mine when I'm back at my desktop, but I have a feeling I'm in a similar situation as you. Let me know if you hear back any news.

Same problem... MintChip that works with USB adaptor on Windows is not recognized by sample app on Android 4.0.3 (Zenithink ZT102 tablet).
    I also tried after adding a PIN to lock the tablet which did not change anything. I had no locking at all enabled and some form of locking needs to be enabled for the browser to use client-certificates.

Yup, just tried with the windows app, and it recognized the chip. Android 2.3 still not working.

I have the same problem running CM9 on a Galaxy S2 International.

I ran into a problem with MintChipException and finally concluded it was attributable to my Eclipse project's .jar/.so configuration, since the sample project would crash when I compiled and deployed it but the supplied pre-built .apk in the sample folder would run fine. I'm using Eclipse Indigo and deploying to a Samsung Galaxy Note running Android 2.3.6. I set up the sample project for testing using Import --> Existing Projects into Workspace.

The solution that got everything building cleanly and running on the device for me was to ensure that MintChipCommon.jar and MintChipAndroid.jar are imported inside PROJECT_ROOT/assets/, then added to the the build path, AND also that /assets/ itself is also added to the build path by right clicking on the folder and choosing Build Path --> Use as Source Folder.

Additionally, if you're working with your own Android project, double check that any SD card problems aren't due to forgetting the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission in AndroidManifest.xml.

Edit: Looking at http://mintchipchallenge.com/forum_topics/847 it seems you can also just put the jars in /libs/. Wish I'd seen that a couple hours ago...

I'm having the same issue, I think. The chips work fine with the Windows sample app. But when I run the Android sample (either the supplied apk or if I build the project myself) I get the MintChip could not be initialized exception...

Moving the JARs around and adding them to the build path, etc. does not solve the problem. Does anyone from Developer Support have a solution to this issue?

I'm having issues running the distributed APK, I haven't progressed to building the Android app. Any thoughts or further questions would be appreciated. Thanks

Same situation on Xperia Play (Android 2.3.4), for supplied apk & custom build using stack: Win7 x64, Eclipse (Indigo) w ADT Plugin, and Android SDK 10 (2.3.3 API)